This adapter module is compatible with ABB’s common architecture drives.
- The two ports of FPNO-21 works as an embedded switch that supports Media Redundancy Protocol (MRP) without the requirement to use an external switch.
- The S2 functionality, implemented in FPNO-21, makes it possible for two PROFINET controllers, one primary and one backup, to connect to the ABB Drives.
- Easy to configure name via PLC programming environment as PROFINET station is named by index parameter (i.e. abbdrive-xx)
- Easy to change the drive without special tools to rename the PROFINET station as PROFINET station is named as a part of drive’s backup file.
- PROFINET “drive control” and “PROFIsafe” can be used by separate PLCs through Shared Device support. Shared Device enables accessing one drive from two controllers via one FPNO-21. (i.e. one PLC to control the drive, other SafetyPLC for safety communication)
- Support PROFIsafe over PROFINET. To use PROFIsafe, FSO-12 or FSO-21 with ACS880 is required.
- Support SNTP protocol for the time synchronization.
- Drive Composer Pro software can be used with FPNO-21 to perform a start-up or maintenance for ABB common architecture drives.